GURGAON, 15th October, 2013: SpiceJet, India’s most preferred low cost airline, announces non-stop daily flight between Madurai and Dubai.
SpiceJet will begin the daily direct flight between Madurai and Dubai from November 22nd, 2013. Booking of tickets on this route is now open and customers planning their trip can now easily book tickets through airline’s website (www.spicejet.com ) or via toll free reservations by dialing 0987 180 3333.
This new route will provide customers direct, convenient and affordable access to two vibrant markets for business and leisure travel.
The airline is offering an introductory fare of just Rs 6999/- one way (inclusive of all taxes) and a return fare of 13999/- (inclusive of all taxes) on the Madurai – Dubai route.
Home to the famous Meenakshi Amman Temple, Madurai is one of the oldest cities of India. The city is famous for its rich cultural heritage and glorious tradition, and finds mention in ancient Greek and Roman texts. The city has been a centre for learning and pilgrimage for centuries. Madurai is a very important trade centre with industries like printing, firecrackers (Sivakashi) and the Madurai “malli” (Jasmine) export. The city also serves as gateway to Kodaikanal, Trichy, Rameshwaram, Tirunelveli, Tuticorin and the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary.
The airline will be deploying its New Generation Boeing 737-800 (189 seater aircraft) on this route. Madurai is fifth Indian destination to get connected with Dubai on SpiceJet network. The airline already operates daily direct services to Dubai from Delhi, Mumbai, Kochi and Ahmedabad.
SpiceJet is India’s most preferred airline delivers the lowest air fares with the highest consumer value. The airline currently operates more than 350 daily flights to over 44 Indian cities and 9 international destinations. Starting 27th Oct Bangkok will be 10th international destination for SpiceJet.
The city of Agartala, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Amritsar, Aurangabad, Bagdogra, Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi, Goa, Guwahati, Hubli, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Kochi, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Mysore, Pondicherry, Port Blair, Pune, Rajahmundry, Srinagar, Surat, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Trichy, Tuticorin, Udaipur, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam and nine international destinations namely Dubai, Colombo, Kabul, Kathmandu, Riyadh, Guangzhou, Male, Muscat and Sharjah are connected using our new generation fleet of 42 Boeing 737-800/ 900ER aircrafts which are of the highest standard in safety and operating efficiency along with our newly acquired 15 Bombardier Q400 aircraft for enhancing connectivity to Tier II and Tier III cities.
- Voted as India’s Favourite Domestic Airline for the year 2012 by Outlook Traveller
- Voted amongst the Top 5 Best Budget Airline in Asia by Smart Travel Asia (2010, 2011 & 2012)
- India’s International Low Cost Carrier of the Year 2012 by Travel Agents Association of India (TAAI)
- India’s Most Outstanding Airline LCC-Domestic Award, by Travel and Hospitality ( Feb 2012)
- Awarded for Best Website at ‘World Low Cost Airlines Asia Pacific Conference’ (2010, 2011 & 2012)
- Voted as India’s Best Low Cost Airline by Outlook Traveller (2008, 2010 & 2011)
- CIO 100 Award in IT efforts for customer satisfaction and business growth category (2007, 2008 ,2009, 2011 & 2012)
- India’s best low-fare airline in a survey conducted by MaRs on behalf of Hindustan Times (Dec 2009)
- World Travel Market Award for multi-channel approach in distribution (November 2009, London)
- National Award (ICWAI) for excellence in Cost Management (March 2009)