Fly For Sure
SpiceJet, the favourite budget airline takes another industry lead to offer a unique product called 'Fly For Sure' for greater customer ease in case of flight disruptions. It entitles a traveller booked on SpiceJet, a guarantee of flying in the next twenty four hours in case of a flight delay beyond (90) minutes, missing a flight (no-show) not exceeding 30 minutes from airport check-in closure of the original flight or a flight cancellation by the airline.
With 'Fly For Sure' you get to fly, in spite of the above unforeseen circumstances. Passenger can purchase this add-on product at Rs. 299 (all-inclusive) while booking for the flight and SpiceJet will reimburse the passenger for an alternate flight ticket (not exceeding double the price of the original ticket or the cost of second ticket, whichever is lower) on the airline of their choice in the same sector of the original booking within 24 hours of the original scheduled booking with SpiceJet.
In order to be eligible to receive the claim benefit, the customer needs to mandatorily submit all required documents/information within seven (7) days of completion of travel on the subsequent booking.
The feature which is currently live is only available for the domestic sector and on the purchase of flights up to two (02) days in advance. The product is not available for booking made for group(s) and/or infant(s) and is non-cancellable and non-refundable in isolation.
Terms & Conditions:
- Fly For Sure (the "Product") is only available for purchase at the time of making retail/ guest booking on www.spicejet.com, and is NOT available via any other channel/ medium, and/ or in any other manner.
- The Product shall only be available for purchase for flights upto two (02) days in advance.
- The cost of the product per passenger, one-way, inclusive of all applicable taxes is:
- Within India: INR 299/- (Rupees two hundred and ninety nine only)
- Ex-India: INR 499/- (Rupees four hundred and ninety nine only)
- The product is available for bookings made for travel within India and Ex-India sectors.
- The Product is not available for booking made for group(s) and/ or infant(s).
- The Product is non-cancellable and non-refundable in isolation.
- The customer shall be entitled for the benefits of the Product in the following scenarios only:
- Customer reporting at the check-in counter within thirty (30) minutes of the official time for the check-in counter to be closed for any particular flight; or
- The flight being delayed for more than ninety (90) minutes; or
- The flight being cancelled;
- The passenger completing travel (with any airline) on the same sector for which the original booking was made, within twenty-four (24) hours of the time of the originally booked flight with SpiceJet.
- Upon the customer being eligible to receive the benefit, the following shall be the receivable.
- Minimum: The amount paid* by the passenger for the booking; or
- Maximum: Price of the originally purchased ticket, subject to the maximum of twice of the amount paid* by the passenger for the original booking, whichever is lesser.
*While calculating the benefit receivable by a customer, the amount paid shall first be reduced by a sum of INR 299/- (Rupees two hundred ninety nine only), INR 499/- (Rupees four hundred and ninety nine only) from the original cost of the product.
- The customer shall only be eligible to receive the benefits in the event, s/he submits all of the following documents/ information:
- Scanned copy of SpiceJet flight's itinerary, duly acknowledged by SpiceJet's ground staff (for passengers reporting late at the check-in counter); and
- Scanned copy of a government-issued identity proof (Driving License/Passport/ Aadhaar Card); and
- Copy of the subsequently purchased ticket; and
- Boarding Pass of the subsequently purchased ticket; and
- Travel Certificate (from the airline on which subsequent travel was made); and
- Bank account details (to which the amount of benefit shall be credited).
- In order to be eligible to receive the claim benefit, the customer shall mandatorily submit all required documents/ information within seven (7) days of completion of travel on the subsequent booking via email at email@example.com, beyond which no claims made shall be admissible, and SpiceJet shall be under no obligation to process them any further and/ or refund the cost of the Product paid.\ by the customer.
- SpiceJet shall process the claim of the customer within forty five (45) working days from the date of receiving all required documents/ information.
- The customer shall be entitled for the benefits where SpiceJet has either postponed or cancelled the flight, in accordance with the above mentioned scenarios, either on the day of departure or on the next day only. The benefits are not covered for planned cancellations or change in flight schedules beyond 24 hours.
- SpiceJet reserves the right to modify, alter, amend and/ or change any and/ or all of the terms and conditions herein, at any time without prior notice. SpiceJet also reserves the right to discontinue this service at any time without prior notice.
- SpiceJet shall be under no obligation to provide any claim/reimbursement(s) in cases where the delay and/ or cancellations have been caused by an event(s) of Force Majeure, i.e., circumstance(s) which are beyond the control of SpiceJet and the impact of which has lead to the delay and/ or cancellation of flight(s), and which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken care of by SpiceJet. Such circumstances, may in particular, occur, including but not limited to, due to political instability, natural disaster, civil war, insurrection or riot, flood, explosion, government regulation and/ or any order affecting the aircraft, strikes and labour disputes causing cessation, slowdown or interruption of work meteorological conditions, mechanical failures, commotion, embargoes, cancellation/delays clearly attributable to Air Traffic Control, security /safety risks and/ or any other factors that are beyond the control of SpiceJet.
- All other terms of carriage of SpiceJet as available at www.spicejet.com, and applicable terms and conditions shall apply.